Sneezes, fairy dust and ocean deep eyes - Nym

Hi!! This is Nym. Today, our dear readers, I bring you something different. 
This Saint Jorge or International Book's day my highschool organized the yearly event were us, students, are asked to write about a given topic. This 2020 is been a weird one so far, so I hope I can make you disconnect from reality for a little while with my tale.

Hope you enjoy!



Sneezes, fairy dust and ocean deep eyes

I stopped on my marked steps in the snow, a snow so pure you could reflect on it, maintaining its whimsical beauty. I kept my hands in the pockets of my long blue tunic with silver accents that ended in swirling motives, to prevent them from freezing in the winter cold of the woods. Inspiring that silence, even with the background owls whistle and the hidden unicorn and reindeer light steps, I felt as if my lungs were filled with such pure air that it cleansed my soul from within. It was a freshness similar to when you chew mint, but insipid, and it soaked in me more deeply, reviving my ribs. 

When I breathed the air out, a cloud of mist formed around myself, as a reminder of the difference between my body temperature and outside temperature. I hid my mouth in my knitted grey scarf that was tied to protect my throat from the wind, snuggling like a sparrow, to get as much warmth as possible. That smell of rain, wet earth, mixed with the curious fatuous blue fires that wandered around, illuminating the gloom of the trees labyrinth gave the place even a more magical and timeless appearance. 

The forest was still showing as always, the cypresses had not moved from their place, but in the gleam of the moon it seemed more mysterious than in the light of reality. Something icy fell into my cranch and then leaked through my black amber hair, making a shiver run down my neck and spine. I looked up to find snowflakes descending from the sky and merging with the stars in the sky, blending and blurring my vision as if they were the starry night. One of those flakes landed on the tip of my nose as I admired it, dazzled. 

Suddenly I focused my eyes on it and appreciated something above the snow. On top of the hexagon-shaped center and antlers protruding from each end, ending in a floral pattern, was a tiny creature. My eyes didn't allow me to see her fully focused, but there was no doubt: there was a fairy there, with a slim and elegant human body and delicate translucent wings like the snowflake where she traveled. These had a kind of delicate, intricate relief that was difficult to look away from. 

Unexpectedly, that mysterious being kissed my nose with its violet lips and frosty skin, pale as the moon itself, and with the long silver hair that caressed and tickled me. After that, I sneezed, breaking the enchantment of the moment and expelling the fairy dust. As soon as the spell was broken, my sister stepped back and realized that I had stood in front of the frozen lake, not because of the snow but for it’s imperturbable calm, for who knows how long, however time didn't seem to have passed normally outside of my bubble. 

She called me by name and held my hand as he tugged me to resume our walking to the village. I turned my head once again, refusing to leave as if that didn’t actually happen. I wanted to treasure that moment forever. Just then, I noticed something or someone who wasn’t there before: in the silver surface, a head peaked out of the frozen cold water, running through its face blessing him with a natural glittery glow. He looked at me, with ocean deep eyes, and waved goodbye. I waved back, puzzled, and he disappeared in a blink.

Still at home, with the blanket lying and in front of the fireplace, my mind was still in that place tinged with fantasy blue. Even though the dancing red flames now lit my face and warmed my limbs, the icy sensation in my nose had not faded, and from time to time my eyes went alone to see if the fairy had returned from the frost.

-Nym

You Might Also Like

0 comentaris