Frankenstein by Mary Shelley Review (McMillan edition)

Resultat d'imatges de frankenstein
My synopsis
Frankenstein is about a scientific, Victor Frankenstein, who wants to find the secret of life to help people. He goes to university to study after the death of his beloved mother to pursuit his goal. There, he begins the experiment that won’t turn out as well as expected,ruining Victor's life completely. 

The story happens in the nineteenth century, set in Geneva, Switzerland. The main character is Victor Frankenstein, along with our antagonist The Monster. But also Elisabeth, future wife of Victor, Henry Clerval, Victor’s best friend, Victor’s father and his little brother, William, are crucial for the development of the plot.

Frankenstein's genre is science-fiction and gothic.






Favourite character

Actually, I’d say that my favourite character was The Monster. He’s quite of a cold, apathetic creature after being abandoned by his creator. He only wants to be loved and not feared, because he feels lonely as people run away from him right after seeing his ugly self, Victor included.

The Monster is also calculative and rational, deciding to take his revenge on Frankenstein by killing who he loves the most so he suffers the same as him, making his life miserable just as his own.

If I had to say me and The Monster ressemble on something, it would be the need of human affection and the fear of rejection

Review

A nice aspect about Frankenstein is that it was easy to read, gripping, and I finished it in one sitting. Maybe due to the fact that I was excited about finally getting to know the real backstory of Frankenstein. 

However, I found the storyline quite predictable. There wasn’t much of suspense and you could guess what was going to happen next, so it wasn't very thrilling if I was to say.

Either ways, I enjoyed reading Frankenstein because I’ve always heard of this novel and I wanted to finally know the original story. It did not disappoint me after all, so I woud recommend it if you're interested in this intriguing book.

Rating
8 of 10

Hii, Nym here~ 
I just wanted to let you know this is for a project I have to do for my English class, so I took advantadge of it and I'm oposting it here too hehe<3
Merry Christmas to everyone!!

You Might Also Like

0 comentaris