Review Dark water - Robert Bryndza

Synopsis:

When Detective Erika Foster receives a tip off that key evidence for a major narcotics case was stashed in a disused quarry on the outskirts of London, she orders for it to be searched. From the thick sludge the drugs are recovered, but so is the skeleton of a young child.

The remains are quickly identified as eleven-year-old Jessica Collins. The missing girl who made headline news when she vanished twenty-six years ago.

As Erika tries to piece together new evidence with the old, she discovers a family harbouring secrets, a detective plagued by her failure to find Jessica, and the mysterious death of a man living by the quarry.



Personal opinion:

It's a thriller that deals with a children's kidnapping. Jessica Collins disappeared 26 years ago and now DCI Erika Foster has discovered her skeleton while searching drugs in a quarry. 
(It's only one book but if you wanna see more about Erika there are, I think, two novels more with different plots). 

At first,  I thought the plot was like all the mystery novels, simply and easy to follow, but when I got caught into the story I found myself completely kidnapped by the case. I believe Erika is an incredible character, she has a sad past and a huge psychological development -she's not just the main, she becomes someone important while reading and you start to understand her personality-. This point made me want to read more about her and the cases she has solved. 

Also, the English level is not difficult. I'm Spanish, so I wanted to read something fast and interesting not to get bored and to improve more my English too, so I recommend this book a lot due to the fact that it's fast-paced, addictive and has a bit of romance that is super cute :) 

I didn't expect what happened at the ending, I think that the thing I most liked was the conclusion because it was unbelievable. Congratulations Robert, you made my day with this novel, not all the authors can surprise me like you did. 

Conclusion:

Full of action and mystery. It has also romance and the ending is surprising. 

Mark:

8'5/10

Kisses, 

Myn

You Might Also Like

0 comentaris